This is the first installment in a series I am beginning on oil painting. I hope to include videos, pictures, and text to make it the most comprehensive guide possible. I am new at filming and speaking in front of a camera so please forgive the fact I say umm about 100 plus times. Huge shoutout to Rogan Allen who edited and mixed my iPhone videos.
For those of you who do not want to watch me waffle on in the video here is a list of the supply you would need to set up your space for oil painting. These supplies can be found online and at any craft or fine art store. Remember to look for coupons as they can save you some money!
- Turpentine/paint thinner (Please always use in a well-ventilated space as turpentine is a harmful chemical.)
- Airtight container for your thinner
- Essential oil paints
- Titanium White
- Ivory or Mars Black
- Ultramarine Blue (Sometimes called French Ultramarine.)
- Cadmium Yellow
- Cadmium Red
- Optional oil paints
- Alizarin Crimson
- Yellow Ochre
- Burnt Sienna (I believe I said Raw Sienna in the video and this is a mistake I make all the time. I apologize I should have said Burnt Sienna.)
- Raw Umber
- Brushes that have stiff bristles
- Easel (Optional)
- Paper Towels
I hope this helps you get started! In the future, I will try to keep my video shorter and improve the filming quality. If you have any questions about oil painting supplies or anything art related leave a comment below!