It has been some time since I’ve written my letter for the newsletter – so much happening I can’t catch up! I am “cheating” this time by modifying an email composed by board member Aubrey Lidwell Farabaugh as a follow up to the retreat we held last month in our new facility. Aubrey did a great job of organizing the retreat and putting together this follow up. Please consider how you would like to become more involved with our organization. Now that we have a wonderful new headquarters we have many possibilities and also responsibilities – time for all hands on deck! Please let me know how you want to join in.
Here’s the updated version of Aubrey’s email:
Our second annual ArtsAltoona Retreat on January 11, 2020 was a success! Our wonderful Board of Directors and Leadership Team have full hearts because of all the support and brilliance we experienced at our retreat.
The parish community, 6th ward community, and Blair County as a whole put their heads together to breathe new life into the Simpson-Temple facilities.
Here is what we focused on at the retreat and will be doing going forward:
- Continue our great work in education through our After School Arts Program (ASAP) in partnership with the Altoona Area School District, Operation Our Town, and the United Way of Blair County at both off-site locations and adding new classes at our building.
- Update the building to make it optimal for various kinds of performance events in the Sanctuary and other events in the Education Building.
- Marketing and naming our new building in a way that respects its heritage but also describes its new purpose.
- Fostering our community connections to continue illuminating the arts in Blair county.
- Updating our website and online calendar system to optimize its functions.
- Onboarding our newest team members, including Claudia Montero, who you can contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
about scheduling at the ArtsAltoona Center.
- Creating and implementing foundational systems of funds to support the operation of the building, in addition to facility rental income. If you’d like to support our mission we can receive your donations at our new home address: 2212 6th Avenue, Altoona PA 16602.
Isn’t this exciting?!
If YOU want to be involved please sign up to serve on our Committees.
- Marketing and Communication
You could even chair the Education or Development committee!
We hope to hear from you soon!
ArtsAltoona Board President
814 932 2629
Call or Text